Cup Cafe Dublin ~

Cup Cafe 1

Hi everyone, I’m sorry for the lack of posts here recently.  January has been an adventure through vertigo and insomnia induced lunacy, and it’s taken me a little while to get my head together enough to begin posting again!  So I’m delighted to finally share the first real post of 2012 with you this evening :)

Cup is a new cafe recently opened here on Nassau St in Dublin, and it was my pleasure to call in and take some photos for them.  Although not officially a job, it was my first time taking photos for someone else and an experience that I really welcomed.  I’m not 100% happy with the end result, it’s a beautifully designed space and I’m not sure I did it any justice.  However, I was happy to spend a half hour snapping coffees and cookies and hopefully you’ll get an idea of the essence of the space from these shots!

It’s a difficult time for any new business in Ireland right now, but the morning I called into Cup it was packed with customers and I hope that trend continues for them.  If you’re in the area be sure to call in and grab a sweetly poured coffee and a mini cupcake, and if you’d like to get in touch you’ll find them on Twitter as @cupdublin!  Being so busy with the camera I totally forgot to even think about eating one of these cupcakes, so I’ll be calling back in pretty soon to get one, yum!

Cup Cafe 2Cup Cafe 3Cup Cafe 4Cup Cafe 5Cup Cafe 6Cup Cafe 7Cup Cafe 8

This entry was posted in Dublin, food, Photography. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Sweet Notes on Cup Cafe Dublin ~

1. Christine says:

These came out lovely, you did a great job, am sure they are delighted, looks like lovely spot! C

2. Brian says:

Even though you say you weren’t 100% happy, I have to agree it looks like a lovely café – nice work! Now if I could only figure out how to dispel the munchies you’ve given me just before bedtime….!

3. I think the pictures look great!

Can I have some of that chocolate cake, pretty please? :)

4. antonella says:

Great pictures Eadaoin! How wonderful it would be to have a slice of that chocolate biscuit cake with my double espresso right now! I’ll sure pop in next time I’m in the neighborhood

5. Katherine says:

Wow if this place is nicer than your lovely photos, it must be AMAZING! Will drop in soon.

6. Leah says:

Pics are great Eadaoin – I love the lightness you bring to your shots – definitely makes Cup feel very inviting – I just wish it was down the street from me in London :) PS. My only grumble (being an Australian) – should be Anzac “Biscuits”, not “Cookies”)… :)

7. Lisa-Marie says:

I want to go there now. I reckon that means your pictures are pretty close to perfect!

8. Great work Eadaoin! I am just so jealous that I can’t pop over there immediately and sample it!
    Great to have you back, have missed your posts alright, hope you have the insomnia sorted. X

9. Kristina says:

Such a great place – would love to drink a coffee and eat one of the delicious looking cupcakes!! mmh…

10. Georgianna says:

As I said on FB, I think your photos are wonderful!! Really capture the ambiance and the lighting is beautiful! xo – g

11. Will says:

I love your pics, and Cup , I was there last week, its so good.

I also did a review if you have any interest here:

12. Elisa says:

Hey, it is a job, just one you didn’t get paid for. It’s still pretty cool! So congratulations!

Your photos are great as usual, and Cup looks lovely! This is going in my Dublin folder ;-)

13. Jennifer says:

What a lovely cafe. i wish we had more of these where I live. You captured it beautifully.