I spent some time in the kitchen today, whipping up some chicken noodle soup, bread rolls and a batch of fairy cakes. It’s always a pleasure to spend time cooking and baking, I find it so relaxing. These buns are so easy to bake, but I always manage to make an incredible mess when making them, I’m still dusting icing sugar and flour out of my hair! Their sweet size and taste remind me of childhood, when an icing covered treat like this was something to be treasured.
It’s been a little while since I shared some link love, so here are a couple of things that caught my eye online lately:
- Wonderland Room – an Etsy shop that sells all kinds of pretty things to make your packages and presents look wonderful, good to know about as Christmas approaches.
- DIY Paper Heart Wall Hanging from Honeybee Vintage – this tutorial is a couple of months old, but I only spotted it yesterday thanks to Pinterest. I love this idea, may just spruce up my bedroom with it in the near future!
- I adore this cute iPad cover from Cath Kidston, it’s on my Christmas wishlist!
- Another thing on my Christmas wishlist is this book about Irish homes: Essentially Irish.
- Blog I fell in love with recently: Elephantine