Fairy Cakes ~ Link Love

Fairy Cakes | City of Blackbirds Photography

I spent some time in the kitchen today, whipping up some chicken noodle soup, bread rolls and a batch of fairy cakes.  It’s always a pleasure to spend time cooking and baking, I find it so relaxing. These buns are so easy to bake, but I always manage to make an incredible mess when making them, I’m still dusting icing sugar and flour out of my hair!  Their sweet size and taste remind me of childhood, when an icing covered treat like this was something to be treasured.

It’s been a little while since I shared some link love, so here are a couple of things that caught my eye online lately:

- These bread rolls from Rosanne at Like Mam Used To Bake – I made these for the first time today, and they’re delicious.

- Wonderland Room – an Etsy shop that sells all kinds of pretty things to make your packages and presents look wonderful, good to know about as Christmas approaches.

- DIY Paper Heart Wall Hanging from Honeybee Vintage – this tutorial is a couple of months old, but I only spotted it yesterday thanks to Pinterest.  I love this idea, may just spruce up my bedroom with it in the near future!

- A Handmade Christmas Tree Tutorial from Shauna Mailloux.

- I adore this cute iPad cover from Cath Kidston, it’s on my Christmas wishlist!

- Another thing on my Christmas wishlist is this book about Irish homes: Essentially Irish.

- Nutella Pie Pops from Call Me Cupcake – don’t they look divine!

- A sweet little Morning Tea Party from Tabitha Emma.

- What I’m reading at the moment: The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Lany, The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman and The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron.

- Blog I fell in love with recently: Elephantine

This entry was posted in food, links. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Sweet Notes on Fairy Cakes ~ Link Love

1. Dawn says:

The Introvert Advantage has to be one of the most useful books I have ever read. I am an introvert and sometimes find social situations overwhelming but understanding that a balance can be struck between having to extroverted for work and a social life while not stressing out my own introverted nature.

I must check out The Highly Sensitive Person as well.

• Eadaoin says:

It really is a great book Dawn, I’m glad you’ve found it helpful too! It’s blowing my mind at the moment, it’s amazing learning the differences between introvert and extrovert brains. I’ve really identified with the Highly Sensitive Person personality type too, it explains a lot about why I am the way I am lol. Let me know if you find it useful :)

2. Mairéad says:

You’re cupcakes look divine and I love how you’ve photographed them. I’ve started baking too and am really enjoying it.

• Eadaoin says:

There’s such pleasure in baking Mairéad, especially when the scent of what you’ve created is floating around the kitchen! I hope you post some photos of what you’re baking, I’d love to see what you’ve been up to :)

3. Magali says:

Such lovely links, thank you for sharing. I’m definitely interested in trying those Nutella Pie Pops.
    I am a big introvert (are you one too?). I find it pretty easy to express myself online but I’m always seized with a little anxiety when I meet someone new, even more if I have to face many new people at the same time. I *have* to check out the books you mentioned.

• Eadaoin says:

Hi Magali, yes I’m very much an introvert too but I’ve only recently discovered it thanks to a small comment on Susannah Conway’s blog. It’s incredible finally understanding myself and how my brain works, it’s changing my life in such positive ways :)

I really understand what you mean about finding it easier to express yourself online rather than in real life. I stuggle a lot with small talk and group things, I much prefer quiet chats one-to-one with people.

The Introvert Advantage is proving very insightful – and since you’re introverted too I’ve no doubt you’ll find it helpful. Let me know what you think of it! x

4. Andi says:

Can’t wait to check these links out! :)

5. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger,
    and I was curious about your situation; we have created
    some nice methods and we are looking to exchange methods with others, why not shoot me an
    email if interested.