2012 Roundup ~ A Year on City of Blackbirds

Daisies | City of Blackbirds Photography

As a last farewell to 2012 I’ve rounded up some of my favourite photos and posts from the last year here on City of Blackbirds.  It’s been a great year for blogging in Ireland, the community is blossoming with new members and established members have been growing their sites into beautiful and entertaining online spaces.  I’ve discovered quite a few blogs this year that have become regular inspiring reads to me and I look forward to following them throughout 2013.  Please leave me a link to your favourite blog discoveries of the last year, I always enjoy new sites to explore!

Spring in Dublin City – Marlay Park
Thoughts on Blogging & Dreaming
Fairy Tree
Pivoine Délicate
Bloom in the Park 2012
Queen Anne’s Lace
Scenes from an Irish Summer – Part 1
Scenes from an Irish Summer – Part 2
Wildwood Light
Light on the Leaves – Autumn in Ireland
Frosty Light – A Holga Dawn

Grasses in the Morning Light | City of Blackbirds PhotographyCupcakes | City of Blackbirds PhotographyBlossom | City of Blackbirds PhotographyPeahen at Marlay Park | City of Blackbirds PhotographyPink Tulip | City of Blackbirds PhotographyDonkeys | City of Blackbirds PhotographyPink & White Peonies | City of Blackbirds PhotographyBloom in the Park 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographyBlossom in the Morning Light | City of Blackbirds PhotographyQueen Anne's Lace | City of Blackbirds PhotographyPink & White Daisies | City of Blackbirds PhotographyMorning Light | City of Blackbirds PhotographyWildwood Dawn | City of Blackbirds PhotographyHarvest Light | Golden Wheat Fields | City of Blackbirds PhotographyPurple Woodland Flowers | City of Blackbirds PhotographyIrish Summer 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographyIrish Summer 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographySunset | City of Blackbirds PhotographyStrawberry Cupcake | City of Blackbirds PhotographyIrish Summer 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographyIrish Summer 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographyIrish Summer 2012 | City of Blackbirds PhotographyHarvest Light | Golden Wheat Fields | City of Blackbirds PhotographyAutumn in Ireland | Light on the Leaves | City of Blackbirds PhotographyAutumn in Ireland | Light on the Leaves | City of Blackbirds PhotographyNew Puppy | City of Blackbirds PhotographyHolga Dawn | City of Blackbirds PhotographyHeathers | City of Blackbirds PhotographyChristmas Present Decoration | City of Blackbirds Photography

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Sweet Notes on 2012 Roundup ~ A Year on City of Blackbirds

1. Mairéad says:

What a beautiful collection of images to remember the year by!
    You have the gift of finding beauty in the ordinary.

• Eadaoin says:

Thanks so much Mairéad, your words mean a lot to me. I think we have a similar way of looking at the world, your blog is always an inspiring read :)

2. Oh how lovely, that donkey is just adorable! Thank you for inspiring us all with your lovely photography, looking forward to following you in 2013. Best wishes for the new year.

All things nice…

3. Such beautiful memories of the year passed. I am already dreaming of spring and tucking my fingers into the soil – and that is a lot said from a winter lover like mysef. Thank you for sharing your photographical beauty all year along, and can’t wait to see more this year too. Have a very promising year, Éadaoin!

4. Elisha says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely your soft feminine style :) The nature ones would make lovely prints and desktop pictures ;)

5. Lisa-Marie says:

Beautiful. Seasons and events, documented in your own, lovely style.

Thank you for the moments of beauty Eadaoin. :)

6. Christine says:

A wonderful collection of photos, the light in your photos is always so beautiful, I am looking forward to getting out in the spring again to do some personal photos that I have let slip :) you should definitely start selling prints they would be lovely. Looking forward to catching up, I owe you a coffee & cake. Christine

7. val gould says:

all amazingly beautiful photos, especially the sweet Donkeys which reside on my wall as we speak! thank you again!!!!

8. gracie says:

Gorgeous Eadaoin, your shots of the wind in the corn take me back to the middle of any of Thomas Hardy’s tales.

9. Really lovely Eadaoin. What a great yearly roundup. Your images are perfect picture postcards.
    Wishing you a wonderful 2013
    Dave

10. Jenny says:

I just found your blog and I am speechless as I look through your photos and posts. Your photography is simply stunning. Just beautiful. And it’s so fun for me to see and learn about your part of the world.

Kindly,
    Jenny (from Montana in the U.S.)

• Eadaoin says:

Dear Jenny, thanks so much for your kind words, I’m delighted that you’ve enjoyed the blog so much! And I love that all the way from Montana you can take a peek at Ireland and enjoy what you see :) Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you come back again soon x