Happy Saint Patrick’s Day ~

Images of Ireland | City of Blackbirds Photography

It’s not hard to fall in love with Ireland.  The evening sun across a field of summer corn will do it.  Or the soft scent of hawthorn on the Mar air.  The harmony of green paired with blue, the colours of an Irish summer.  Or the wild light of a winter dawn, blessed by the blackbird’s song.

I’ve been in love with Ireland for a long time.  Since I as a child I crept out into the early morning quiet to take in that feeling, the hum of a new day opening out across the countryside.  As a teenager, sitting on the banks of the Suir writing poetry to the babble of the river’s flow.  As an adult, learning to capture that enchantment, to take what I love about Ireland and translate it through the camera’s lens.  There is a strong magic in the landscape, it inspires endless creativity in the many kinds of artists who feel the desire to reflect what they find here.  I hope you find a sparkle of it through my own images and words.

The fact that Ireland is celebrated internationally on March 17th makes me so very proud.  This tiny emerald spark of an island shines bright enough to touch hearts across the world.  There are so many of you as in love with Ireland as I am, whether you live here or not, and I want to wish all of you a very happy St Patrick’s Day.  May the luck of the Irish be with you, wherever you are in the world!

Images of Ireland | City of Blackbirds PhotographyImages of Ireland | City of Blackbirds PhotographyImages of Ireland | City of Blackbirds PhotographyImages of Ireland | City of Blackbirds Photography

This entry was posted in Photography. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Sweet Notes on Happy Saint Patrick’s Day ~

1. Magda says:

Beautiful photos and words Éadaoin :) Happy St. Patrick’s Day :)

2. Mairéad says:

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to you too Eadaoin. Beautiful words and photos singing the praises of this great land of ours.

3. Kerry says:

Ah, yes…the lure of the Emerald Isle is a strong pull to many of us with kin from days gone by. I loved the light and the skies so much while traveling along the narrow roads and open vistas. Slainte’ to you and yours!

4. Laura says:

So beautiful – the swans, the poppies, the archway – perfectly stunning #dreamy

5. Mary says:

Really gorgeous pics Eadaoin and I love the words of your deep love for Ireland.
    I really hope to get there next year.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day dear.

Mary – wearing the green today!

6. You take the most breathtaking photos, would love to hear your tips and tricks!

7. Jane Way says:

Eadaoin, thank you so much for sharing your fabulous photos and your love of Ireland with us across the world, so that we can almost feel that we are there! Belated Happy St. Patrick’s Day back to you too :)

8. Bridgett says:

I see a lot of interesting articles on your blog. You have to spend a lot
    of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there is a tool that creates unique, google friendly posts in couple of minutes,
    just search in google – laranita’s free content source