February has announced her arrival with gales and wintry showers here in Dublin. The wind has been battling against our windows for the last week, and at times it’s been so strong I worried they’d blow in! I’m still hoping for snow, but although it’s very cold outside there’s still not much sign of it. For a couple of days the Dublin mountains were tantalisingly covered in it, I could see it from the balcony, so close and yet impossible for me to reach! But winter still has quite a bit of bite in her yet, so you never know what the next month will bring.
This shot for the February desktop calendar was taken on a frost and mist laden morning in Tipperary a couple of years ago. I hope you like it!
Download your calendar here:
1920 x 1200 - 1680 x 1050 - 1280 x 800
I also have a couple of links to share with you today, some interesting things I’ve come across online lately.
- My friend Aisling Nelson has begun teaching blogging workshops to creative business owners through her new venture Three Thought Bubbles. If you’re interested in learning to blog for your business then I really recommend the workshop. I attended one last weekend and it was an excellent day spent learning and discussing all things blog related.
- Belle, who writes over at Limmster, has had the handy idea of creating a Pinterest board dedicated to Irish bloggers. If you’re interested then check out this post to learn how to pin your work to the shared board. I think it will be a fun way to check in with what everyone is writing about, as well as sharing your own work with others!
- If you’ve always wanted to write a book then this new initiative from Writing.ie might be helpful! They’ve put together a National Emerging Writer Programme which provides all kinds of resources for writing your first novel.
- This recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge from The Sophisticated Gourmet caught my eye recently. I haven’t tried it yet but when I do I’ll be sure to report back! I love the photos on their whole site, so beautifully styled and shot.
- The Dogmatic Photo Blog is a site I stumbled across a couple of weeks ago. I love the layout, it emphasises the simple nature of the photography, and the photos themselves are wonderful.
Have you come across any interesting links lately?